Wednesday, September 23, 2009

FML- Hybrid

I'll have these "hybrid" posts when I don't have too much to say about one thing. So, feel free to skip to any part of the FML you'd like. Each segment is pretty short anyways.

Football - I've been kind of been avoiding writing about football after this past weekend. I was kind of sad since SC lost. They always win big games then lose in the Pacific Northwest, it's so annoying. It'll be extremely hard for them to make it to the National Championship, but I still love them and Taylor Mays. On top of that, I'm sure you all know, the Chargers lost. Everyone is making a big deal of the play calling and w/e, blah. I think the defense is our biggest problem. We're not physical enough *cough cough* safeties and D-line. Also, I track league averages on an Excel just for fun. And in three basic (but important) defensive stats which include points allowed, sacks and TO margin, the Chargers are all below average. For w/e reason we can't get to the QB like we used to. And our TO margin is actually zero, which isn't bad but it's definitely not good either. I'm NOT saying we're doomed, all I'm saying is that the Chargers need to figure out a way to put more pressure on the opposing QB. Lastly, the last play call of the Ravens game wasn't as horrible as everyone makes it out to be. What was horrible was the execution. I'm not sure if it was Rivers fault for not making a pre-snap read on Ray Lewis or the pulling guard (I think it was a guard) who didn't recognize the blitz. Bottom line it was poor recognition/execution. But I remain optimistic since the season is still early and the Chargers are usually slow starters anyways.

Music - I'm sure most of you know that Blueprint 3 and Kid Cudi's new album are solid albums. But some of you might have missed out on Only Built for Cuban Linx Part II from Raekwon. His first Cuban Linx album was classic (DL that too) and this one is really good as well. No gimmicks, just the same ol' Wu rawness (is that a word?) and lyrics. I'm bobbing my head to it at the moment.

Life - I could of probably put this in the 'music' segment, but I needed to put something here. I've watch plenty of music video spoofs from In Living Color, MAD TV, SNL, etc. This one probably has to be one of the best if not the best. Affion Crockett is on point w/ his CB, Jay and Kanye. He even got Kanye's dance down, lol. Watch the credits too, b/c this dude got more moves than Chris Brown, haha. Anyways, here's the vid plus a bonus one from Aries Spears that's sick also.



No comments:

Post a Comment