Thursday, October 1, 2009

Week 3 Power Rankings















I've been a little busy, so I've been neglecting posting my power rankings each week. But every week I update my power rankings algorithm. My algorithm is based off points, sacks and turnovers for both sides of the ball. Being a statistics major, I understand that mathematical modeling isn't always accurate (esp. this early in the season). So, I basically use the algorithm to supplement my knowledge of football and make adjustments accordingly. For example, Denver Broncos are the top of my rankings by far, but they really haven't played anyone other than the Bengals. They don't belong above teams like the Saints or Ravens (spoiler alert!). So, I moved them down how I see fit. Well here you go for your viewing pleasure, I'd usually comment on every team, but since I made you read this, I won't say much about each team:

1. Saints - Week 3 they showed they can win even with Drew Brees having an off week.
2. Ravens
3. Eagles
4. Giants
5. Colts
6. Jets - My new favorite non-Charger team. I have a coach crush on Rex Ryan, quarterback crush on Mark Sanchez, tight end crush on Dustin Keller, DB crush on Revis and WR Jerricho Cotchery is helping out my fantasy team a lot, haha.
7. Patriots
8. Vikings
9. Falcons
10. Bengals - They should be 3-0. There offense has always been playoff caliber, but there defense was the always the question. Now there defense is performing great, getting to the QB and keeping points off the board.
11. Cowboys
12. Bears
13. Packers
14. 49ers
15. Broncos - Their defense is elite through 3 weeks, but will it last? Let's hope for the Chargers' sake it doesn't.
16. Chargers - I'll keep saying this until we improve...GET THE TO QB!
17. Jaguars
18. Steelers
19. Cardinals
20. Titans
21. Seahawks
22. Bills
23. Texans
24. Dolphins
25. Panthers
26. Lions - I'm optimistic, haha.
27. Redskins
28. Raiders
29. Bucs
30. Chiefs
31. Rams
32. Browns

No comments:

Post a Comment